Cool Features of YouTube


YouTube is everywhere and sometimes I feel like my students know more about YouTube than I do, even as first graders.  I have used YouTube videos in my classroom often.  I didn't know how to organize them all so I made a Google Doc with the name of the video/skill being taught and the URL link.  BUT, playlists are the way to go! You can save videos to playlists and then even share your playlist with your coworkers or students.  Watch the video below that I made showing how to add a video to a playlist.  



Do you get tired of those ads on Youtube? Pretty sure my students can tell you what Grammarly is now after all the ads.  😆 Google Chrome makes an extension that blocks ads.  It is easy to add and really worked.  Bye, bye to ads.  Look at the steps below on how to add it to your Google Chrome.  

The first thing you need to do is go to the Google Chrome Store.  I just searched YouTube and it was the first extension that popped up.   

The extension is called Adblock for Youtube.  You will need to select "Add to Chrome".  

Once it is uploaded, it will take you to Youtube and you can search for videos and watch ad-free and enjoy.  You can also change the settings in the extension by clicking on the pin tab and changing settings from there.  


Comments